Thursday, October 9, 2008

J-STOR Citations

I have included the citations below that I found to be quite informative and useful when it comes to Bacon's Rebellion. I thought that the J-STOR Highline library was very helpful and practical. It wasn't too complicated or overwhelming at all. I typed in my search, for example, "Bacon's Rebellion" and then "William Berkeley" on the next line. From now on I think I will try searching related topics and use the information in my essay. It is good to get a great variety of information that all ties together in one piece of writing. The one thing that bothered me is that most of the documents that came up were untitled, so I didn't really know the main topic.


1.) Searched: Bacon's Rebellion (William Berkeley)
Found:
Title: Sir William Berkeley, Virginian Economist
Author(s): Harold Lee Hitchens
Source: The William and Mary Quarterly, Second Series, Vol. 18, No. 2 (Apr., 1938), pp. 158-173
Publisher(s): Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/1923496


2.) Searched: Nathaniel Bacon
Found:
Title: Review: [untitled]
Author(s): Diarmaid MacCulloch
Reviewed Title(s): The Papers of Nathaniel Bacon of Stiffkey. Vol. III: 1586-1595
Reviewed Authors(s): Nathaniel Bacon; A. Hassell Smith; Gillian M. Baker
Source: The English Historical Review, Vol. 109, No. 431 (Apr., 1994), pp. 438-439
Publisher(s): Oxford University Press
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/574072

3.) Searched: Nathaniel Bacon
Found:
Title: Bacon Family
Source: The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 10, No. 4 (Apr., 1902), pp. 267-271
Publisher(s): Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/1915005

No comments: