Monday, November 24, 2008

Essay #2 Reflection

--One of the strengths that I am developing when it comes to writing a paper is the ability to make multiple sentences flow in a paragraph. Another is being able to make my topic sentence in each paragraph relate to my thesis and main idea.

--At first I really struggled with developing an argument within my paper, so instead of just "vomiting" words, I read more information about my colony. That is another thing I struggled with: finding quotes and info related to my topic. It was a little harder than the first essay because I had to do a LOT of dense reading this time. 

--Having other people with your same colony made things a lot easier. I thought that was a good idea. That way everyone with the same colony could get ideas and sources from the pbwiki
Writing in this perspective was actually quite fun, and I think I did a lot better on this essay than the last one because I'm starting to get the hang of using my own voice in a paper and conveying a clearer message. In a way I am proud of this essay because I finished it with confidence and even with being sick. 

No comments: